Looking after your suit
A well looked after suit will last a long time. For complete satisfaction follow these basic care instructions to preserve your suit’s longevity.
- Pockets, lapels and columns should be brushed frequently to remove dirt.
- Stains should be blotted immediately not rubbed.
- Creased garments recover well in a humid environment. Hang them somewhere damp and warm, such as a bathroom, or vaporize them lightly with water.
- After use, allow your suit to rest; wearing the same suit for two days in succession can cause damage to the fibres.
- To help maintain the shape of your suit always hang your jacket on an appropriate hanger that supports the shoulders and always hang your trousers vertically.
- Avoid placing items in your pockets as this will put strain on the seams.
- Unbutton your suit jacket before you sit down to avoid pulling.
- Store your suit in a breathable garment bag for protection.
- Have your suit dry cleaned at least once a season, however excessive dry cleaning can reduce the life of a suit.